A direct transfer from your IRA to Gilmour Academy can be a great way to support Gilmour and advance our mission of educating the hearts and minds of our students! Please consult with your financial advisor to determine your best option for making a gift.
To Qualify for This Program:
- Your gift must be made directly from your IRA to Gilmour Academy.
- You must be at least 70 ½ years old at the time of the gift.
- You may transfer up to a total of $100,000.
- The gift must be outright and cannot be used to create another charitable vehicle like a gift annuity or charitable trust.
- If your spouse is at least 70 ½ years old, they may also authorize up to $100,000 in IRA distributions to Gilmour Academy.
How Your Donation Can Benefit You:
How Your Donation Can Impact Gilmour:
- The donation is included in your required minimum distribution
- Contributions from your IRA are excluded from your gross income; they are treated as a non-taxed rollover
- You can designate where you would like to direct your gift. (Annual Fund for Gilmour, Technology, Athletics, The Lorraine and Bill Dodero Center for Performing Arts, etc.)
- You can use your gift to satisfy an existing pledge.
- With a gift of $2,000 or more, you qualify for Gilmour’s Blue and Gray Society and the special benefits the society offers.
How to Make Your IRA Rollover Donation:
- Notify your financial advisor/institution and make checks payable to Gilmour Academy. Mail to:
Office of Advancement
34001 Cedar Road
Gates Mills, Ohio 44040
- Notify Patti Miller, Interim Director of Institutional Advancement, with the following information:
- Amount of donation
- The fund or project to which your gift should be applied (i.e. Annual Fund, Hockey Program, Center for Performing Arts, etc.)
- Contact information for recipient of gift acknowledgement
If you have any questions, please contact Patti Miller at (440) 473-8000 x1201 or firstname.lastname@example.org