Welcome to Gilmour and congratulations on taking the first step in your school selection process! Gilmour Academy is uniquely positioned as both an independent and Catholic school. What does that mean? It means that we are curricularly aligned with the independent schools in the area while also being affiliated with the Catholic diocese. Our Holy Cross mission is at the core of all that we do at Gilmour.
Because our academics are aligned with those of the other independent schools, we follow the independent school admission timeline.
Detailed below are the steps and timeframe for our application process:
- Parents should register to attend a family campus tour or one of our parent coffees - a required part of the application process. All will be offered in October, November and December. Registration will be posted on www.gilmour.org/admission/visit.
- Students can register for a Shadow Experience for a date after their scheduled Family Campus Tour or Parent Coffee. Registration will be posted on www.gilmour.org/admission/visit.
- Students should register for the ISEE (Independent School Entrance Exam) by visiting iseetest.org. When registering, choose to have your child’s scores sent to Gilmour. Our school code is 362270. The test will be offered on Gilmour’s campus throughout the fall and winter but can be taken at a variety of other locations as well.
- Please know that the scores from the ISEE exam will differ significantly from other standardized tests your child has taken to date. ISEE results are based on the population of students nationwide who are applying to independent schools, which is a highly competitive academic population. Most other tests your child has taken provide percentile scores compared to all children nationwide in that grade and age group.
- The diocesan or other Catholic high schools use tests that report national norms and percentiles, not independent school norms and percentiles. Thus, the diocesan scores will naturally tend to be higher, but do not necessarily predict greater success at one school versus another. The tests should not be compared to each other as equal measures.
- If your child would like to prepare for the test ahead of time, Gilmour will be offering an ISEE Test Prep class on October 9. We will provide registration information via email once the details are finalized.
- Whether it’s your first Open House or you’re coming back for another look, we hope you can join us at our Fall Open House on Sunday, October 24 from 12-2 p.m.
- Your child should begin working on his/her application and reaching out to teachers for letters of recommendation. You can begin working on the parent essay component of the application.
- If applying for need-based tuition assistance, parents should begin completing the required SSS (School and Student Services) paperwork. With regard to merit-based awards, all applicants are automatically considered and no additional paperwork is needed. For more information on tuition assistance, visit gilmour.org/tuitionassistance.
- Application and need-based tuition assistance deadline is January 14, 2022.
- Admission decisions are mailed on February 11, 2022.
- Deadline to accept admission offer is February 25, 2022.
We are here to help you every step of the way. Please don’t hesitate to contact the Admission Team if we can be of assistance or if you have any questions.
“To develop the competence to see and the courage to act in creating a more humane and just society.”