Gilmour Academy is uniquely positioned as both an independent and Catholic school. That means that we are curricularly aligned with the independent schools in the area while also being affiliated with the Catholic diocese. Our Holy Cross mission is at the core of all that we do at Gilmour.
Because our academics are aligned with those of the other independent schools, we follow the independent school admission timeline.
Detailed below are the steps and timeframe of our application process:
- Visit gilmour.org/visit to learn more about options for visiting campus. In-person and virtual visits are available.
- If you haven’t already done so, complete an Applicant Inquiry in Step 1 at gilmour.org/apply.
- Register for the ISEE (Independent School Entrance Exam) by visiting iseetest.org. When registering, choose to have your child’s scores sent to Gilmour. Our school code is 362270. The test will be offered on Gilmour’s campus in September, October, November, December and January, but can be taken at a variety of other locations as well.
- Please know that the scores from the ISEE exam will differ significantly from other standardized tests your child has taken to date. ISEE results are based on the population of students nationwide who are applying to independent schools, which is a highly competitive academic population. Most other tests your child has taken provide percentile scores compared to all children nationwide in that grade and age group.
- The other Catholic high schools use tests that report national norms and percentiles, not independent school norms and percentiles. Thus, the diocesan scores will naturally tend to be higher, but do not necessarily predict greater success at one school versus another. The tests should not be compared to each other as equal measures.
- You and your child should be working on his/her application and requesting letters of recommendation via their application checklist. You can begin working on the parent component of the application.
- Schedule a Family Campus Tour (can be done as a virtual meeting if preferred) with an admission staff member to learn more about Gilmour. Family Campus Tours are scheduled via your child’s Admission Checklist (accessed by logging into the portal at gilmour.org/login).
- Application and need-based tuition assistance deadline is January 15, 2021.
- Admission decisions will be mailed on February 12, 2021.
- Deadline to accept admission offer is February 26, 2021.
“To develop the competence to see and the courage to act in creating a more humane and just society.”