In a dormitory setting designed to mimic a university environment — but with the additional staffing, support services and structure to guide residents — Gilmour’s residential life program develops habits and skills for success in college and beyond.
Students from around the world are drawn to Gilmour Academy's residence life program for its robust international community, the school's nationally recognized hockey program and the rigorous academics. Our boarding students easily assimilate into the larger Gilmour community and participate in everything from the golf team to the Psychology Club to the speech and debate team. Whether you join the Gilmour family from another state or another country, you will be part of an incredible community - a true home away from home.
RESIDENT STUDENTS AND STAFF
- Students from 7 countries, 16 states
- 6 live-in proctors, plus the dean of residential life and assistant dean, who live in adjacent private residence
- 70-bed dorm with single-gender east and west wings joined in the center by coed common areas
- Common rooms including a kitchen well-stocked with snacks, dining room, multiple lounges, great room, outdoor patio, mailroom and 24/7 staff office
- Resident Life staff, security cameras, alarm system and electronic check-in/out keypad
- Strong faith-based community steeped in Holy Cross values
- Nurse onsite with check-ins available four times a week
Counseling services and dedicated, caring advisors available to all students
Nutrition with healthy, vegetarian options, including elaborate salad bar with large and varied selection of greens, vegetables and prepared salads
Spiritual well-being rooted in our Holy Cross mission "to develop the competence to see and the courage to act in creating a more humane and just society"
Sports Medicine Program with full-time, in-house athletic trainer and treatments including electro stimulation, ultrasound, hydrotherapy, and ice and compression units
Strength and Conditioning Program with weight room, swimming pool, personal training, sports nutrition, lifting coaching and strength and conditioning
School Days: After their regular school day and participation in after-school activities, residential students keep up with their studies during mandatory supervised study hall in the evenings.
Weekends: Residential students participate in a number of on- and off-campus athletic, extracurricular, academic, cultural or recreational activities, with plenty of unstructured time for balance. Sunday evenings the entire hall gathers for prayer service, reflection and team-building, while special trips and holiday celebrations occur throughout the year.