Gilmour Academy is uniquely positioned as both an independent and Catholic school. That means that we are curricularly aligned with the independent schools in the area while also being affiliated with the Catholic diocese. Our Holy Cross mission is at the core of all that we do at Gilmour.
Because our academics are aligned with those of the other independent schools, we follow the independent school admission timeline.
Detailed below are the steps and timeframe of our application process:
- Schedule a Shadow Day online on our Shadow Days web page. Shadow Days are available on specific days in October, November and December (those dates are detailed on the Shadow Days page).
- Register for the ISEE (Independent School Entrance Exam) by visiting iseetest.org. When registering, choose to have your child’s scores sent to Gilmour. Our school code is 362270. The test will be offered on Gilmour’s campus in September, October, November, December and January, but can be taken at a variety of other locations as well.
- Please know that the scores from the ISEE exam will differ significantly from other standardized tests your child has taken to date. ISEE results are based on the population of students nationwide who are applying to independent schools which is a highly competitive academic population. Most other tests your child has taken provide percentile scores compared to all children nationwide in that grade and age group.
- The diocesan or other Catholic high schools use tests that report national norms and percentiles, not independent school norms and percentiles. Thus, the diocesan scores will naturally tend to be higher, but do not necessarily predict greater success at one school versus another. The tests should not be compared to each other as equal measures.
- Your child should begin working on his/her application and reaching out to teachers for letters of recommendation. You can begin working on the parent essay component of the application.
- Schedule a Parent Interview (if you haven’t attended a Parent Coffee) with an admission staff member to learn more about Gilmour. Parent Interviews can be scheduled through the Admission Office.
- Application and need-based tuition assistance deadline is January 15, 2021.
- Admission decisions are mailed on February 12, 2021.
- Rolling admission begins.
- Deadline to accept admission offer is February 26, 2021.
- Rolling Admission phase
- Accepting applications for admission and tuition assistance for the 2021-2022 school year.
“To develop the competence to see and the courage to act in creating a more humane and just society.”