Because the Montessori method supports your child’s natural desire to learn and emphasizes individualized progression according to readiness, traditional letter grades are not assigned in Gilmour Academy’s Montessori program. But that doesn’t mean your child’s progress isn’t monitored.
Gilmour Academy equips each directress with an iPad loaded with Montessori Compass—just one of many formal tools for recording observations and assessments and providing checks and reminders to keep each child on track.
Parents are also kept informed of their child’s progress through:
- Regular emails and portal updates
- At least two parent conferences each year
- Individual conferences on an as-needed basis
- Weekly photo updates documenting completed projects as well as those in-progress
- Newsletter highlights
- Parent Ed nights for a more comprehensive understanding of Montessori methods