Developing Lifelong Learners
If it takes a village to raise a child, imagine the possibilities for educating a child from preschool through high school graduation within a dynamic community devoted to lifelong learning. At Gilmour Academy, children and their families have the opportunity to develop supportive relationships that can last a lifetime.
Our Lower, Middle and Upper Schools, share a common vision for student success, the Gilmour Outcomes. Regardless of the age of the student, we strive to inspire positive habits of the mind and heart across grades, courses and activities.
A Gilmour student at any age is recognized as an individual who is:
- A Person on the Journey of Faith: Seeking to develop a meaningful spiritual practice that is informed by Catholic Holy Cross teachings and inclusive of diverse family and community traditions
- An Effective Communicator: Improving the ability to listen, speak, read and write creatively, informatively, and persuasively for various audiences and using various media
- An Analytical, Reflective and Complex Thinker: Striving to make greater connections between ideas, subjects, and levels of understanding
- An Effective Problem Solver: Comprehending challenges and finding the best answer among many possibilities
- A Self-Directed, Responsible, Life Long Learner: Pursuing education out of curiosity and desiring opportunities to grow in ability, skills, and knowledge
- A Collaborative Contributor: Interacting with partners and team members respectfully and positively while working towards common goals
- A Morally Responsible Person: Making just, humane, and conscientious choices and accepting accountability for those actions