We know that an independent school education is an investment in your child’s future. Gilmour families value the combination of our faith-based foundation with the hallmarks of a true independent school model - small class sizes, dynamic student-faculty relationships, outstanding academic opportunities and highly focused student advising.
2015-2016 School Year Tuition and Fees*
|Montessori (18 months old to Kindergarten)
- Early Beginnings
Half day: $7,400
Full day: $13,800
Half day: $11,935
Full day: $21,575
|Lower School (Grades 1-5)
|Lower School (Grade 6)
|Middle School (Grades 7-8)
- Day Student: $27,950
- Resident Student: $43,500**
|Upper School (Grades 9-12)
- Day Student: $29,500
- Resident Student: $43,500**
- Daily lunch program
- Retreat Programs enhancing the spiritual and moral development of students
- Support for extracurricular activities including most athletic fees, speech & debate, drama, student publications, transportation for events, etc.
- Building & Property Improvements Fee that provides assistance for major repairs and maintenance of academic and athletic buildings as well as care to athletic fields, exclusive of new construction.
- Parents Organization Fee that supports activities sponsored for students by the parent clubs.
- Most curriculum-based day field trips
Fees do not include:
- Student textbooks as required
- Seniors are billed an additional one-time fee of $650 to support the additional programs and services provided for the college application/counseling process, senior project and graduation.
- Lower School Before and After Care Program and Youth Impact Program
- Hockey Program fees
- Transportation to and from school
- Optional field trips
Resident Student fees include:
- Standard day student tuition and associated fees
- Full dining plan of three daily meals; special event catering and snacks
- Support for and transportation to athletics and extracurricular activities; transportation is also provided to and from airports, doctor appointments; dorm outings and local shopping.
- Newly admitted residential students are billed an additional $150 Room & Key deposit fee.
- Non-Ohio resident students are billed a $675 fee for instructional costs not eligible for funding through the state of Ohio.
**The resident tuition listed is for domestic boarding applicants. If you are applying from outside the United States, please contact the Admission Office at email@example.com for international tuition information.
Payment Plan Options
To help manage your expenses and plan a payment schedule that fits your needs, the annual educational cost can be paid via one of the following options through Tuition Management Systems (“TMS”). These options are currently available, but may be subject to change.
A. One Annual Payment:
One automatic payment of the total annual cost due on or before July 20, 2015
. If paying by direct debit to your checking or savings account, you will received a one percent (1%) discount on the net tuition and fees, which will be applied as a refund to your tuition account once the payment is remitted to Gilmour by TMS. Payments made by debit or credit card will not receive this discount and will be subject to a 2.75% service fee. All payments on this plan will be made directly to TMS and require registration with TMS. There is no processing fee for the registration. Payment directly to TMS for this option is new for the 2015-2016 school year.
Families who initially elect the one annual payment option and choose to switch to the monthly payment option must do so prior to the start of the school year. The annual cost or any remaining balance after prior payments will be evenly divided over the remaining months of the TMS program, not to exceed the final due date of February 20, 2016. A late fee of $35 will be applied each month that the full account balance is not paid.
B. Monthly Payment Plan: Gilmour Academy offers a monthly payment program administered through TMS allowing families to spread their payments over an extended period of time. A $60 processing fee is assessed and incorporated into the amount of the monthly tuition payment. The program begins with the first automatic draw on May 20, 2015 and concludes with the final draw on February 20, 2016. The monthly payment will be debited from your designated account (checking, savings, or credit card) on the 20th of each month. All payment accounts are required to be set up for automatic payment through TMS Automatic Payment Option. Use of a debit or credit card account will result in a 2.75% service fee. Failed payments may be assessed a fee by TMS as well as your financial institution. Gilmour will also assess a $35 late fee.
Admitted students who wish to enroll at Gilmour Academy will be required to submit a fully executed and signed Enrollment Agreement and the required nonrefundable registration deposit ($1,500 day students and $2,500 for resident and international students) directly to Gilmour. The deposit will be credited toward the annual tuition and fees and applied to your billing statements in July 2015. If you have further questions, please contact the Admission Office at (440) 473-8050.